Thursday, December 27, 2012

BENGHAZI

Islamists Murder US Ambassador To Libya And Three US Staff Members Including Two Marines 
Posted by Andrea Ryan on Wednesday, September 12, 2012, 6:36 AM

Yesterday, Islamist radicals not only attacked our U.S. Embassy in Benghazi they murdered our U.S. Ambassador and three of his staff members, who were also U.S. citizens. Two of the staff members were US Marines who died defending the embassy.
Reuters reported,

The U.S. ambassador to Libya and three other embassy staff were killed in a rocket attack on their car, a Libyan official said, as they were rushed from a consular building stormed by militants denouncing a U.S.-made film insulting the Prophet Mohammad.

Gunmen had attacked and burned the U.S. consulate in the eastern city of Benghazi, a center of last year’s uprising against Muammar Gaddafi, late on Tuesday evening, killing one U.S. consular official. The building was evacuated.




State’s Benghazi Baloney
NY POST
December 27, 2012

Many Americans were incensed last week when four mid-level State Department officials appeared to take the full fall for the Sept. 11-anniversary terrorist strike in Benghazi and were forced to resign.
Boy, were they wrong. It’s not that senior officials have finally ’fessed up and taken their punishment. Rather, it turns out that no one has truly been punished at all — and certainly no one’s been fired.

As The Post’s Josh Margolin reported yesterday, “The four officials supposedly out of jobs because of their blunders in the run-up to the deadly Benghazi terror attack remain on the State Department payroll — and will all be back to work soon.”

Assistant secretary of state
for diplomatic security Eric Boswell

That’s true even for Eric Boswell,
the assistant secretary of state for diplomatic security and the senior-most of the four.
An official State Department report on the attack, which took the lives of US Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans, singled out Boswell for censure over the “systemic failures and leadership deficiencies” in Foggy Bottom.
State Department spokewoman Toria Nuland said last week that Boswell resigned as assistant secretary. But Margolin reports that Boswell is merely “switching desks” and that he “gave up only the presidential appointment as assistant secretary, not his other portfolios.” That’s not even a slap on the wrist for the man the State Department insists is ultimately responsible for the “grossly inadequate” security measures in Libya that made Ambassador Stevens easy prey.

But none of this is truly surprising, given how duplicitous the State Department has been during every moment of the Benghazi affair. First it lied about the presence of a group of “protesters” outside the Benghazi consulate on 9/11; its own review has shown that to be a falsehood.

Then it lied and blamed the terrorist attack on an obscure California filmmaker who put a shoddy, anti-Islamic video on YouTube — and who is now sitting in federal lock-up despite having no connection to the day’s events. 
But this lie was the pettiest of all — assuring the public that it was holding its own people accountable for what went wrong.

What’s the truth?
Boswell still has a job, and the other three officials are on administrative leave; they’re expected to be back in Foggy Bottom soon. Which means they’re basically on an extended Christmas vacation right now. And it means that the only State Department official who lost his job due to Benghazi was Ambassador Stevens. 

************************
Benghazi-Gate: Obama’s Lax Security Led To Four Dead Americans
Western Center for Journalism
OCTOBER 2, 2012 BY KRIS ZANE

On June 6, the Libyan consulate was attacked with an IED. Al-Qaeda took responsibility and said the attack was in retaliation for the death of Libyan al Qaeda second-in-command Abu Yahya al Libi.

On September 9, al-Qaeda released a video calling for Libyans to avenge the death of al Libi. And September 11 was obviously a date celebrated by our enemies. Normal preparation would have been to have a contingent of Marines on hand on September 11 to protect the Libyan consulate in case any problems occurred.

That never occurred, and the result was the murder of four American citizens by Islamic terrorists.

Why then was the Libyan consulate so poorly protected? A better question would be, why did the Obama administration spend two weeks denying it was an act of terrorism and try to blame the attack on an anti-Muslim video?

“Watergate” was mild in relation to this cover-up. “Benghazi-Gate” should receive the full attention of the American people until we determine who is responsible for the lax security that led to the murder of four American citizens. And if that person is one Barack Hussein Obama, he should be impeached for high crimes and misdemeanors.

**************************************
Guy Taylor-The Washington Times Tuesday, December 4, 2012
J. Christopher Stevens Guy Taylor-The Washington Times Tuesday, December 4, 2012

The father of a former Navy SEAL killed in the Sept. 11 terrorist attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya, says he learned the details of his son’s bravery not from the Obama administration, but in an email from an American whose life was saved by his son.

Tyrone Woods, 41, was found “slumped over his machine gun, which was caked with blood,” Charles Woods, the former SEAL’s father, said during a telephone interview from his home in Hawaii. “He had continued to fire until he had no blood left and was unable to fire anymore,” Mr. Woods said.