Thursday, November 3, 2011

Worker Says He Was Fired For Speaking Spanish - Rochester, News, Weather, Sports, and Events - 13WHAM.com

In 2005, Lopez worked on the tarmac at the Rochester airport handling baggage for Cleveland-based Flight Services & Systems (FSS). 
He says one day in the break room, his boss, Todd Dunmyer, approached. “I was just talking about Puerto Rico and certain things you can’t say in English and he says, ‘You [must] speak English in here; I don’t like that,’” Lopez recalls.
That was the warning.
“I did it again maybe like a month later, just human nature, it’s my language of origin … He tells me to go home and sit on my Puerto Rican rear,” Lopez says.

more: http://www.13wham.com/news/local/story/Jose-Lopez-Flight-Services-and-Systems-Spanish/g2hl8FUMfUm4sWqUGh8tNA.cspx


:



1 comment:

  1. That boss should get his non-Puerto Rican rear sued. If the guy was on his break he has the right to speak in the Black Speech of Mordor if he wants.

    ReplyDelete