Monday, January 10, 2011

A rare find..

A memorabilia trip....

Look at a 1940's baby stroller I found in an Orlando Flea Market, on January 10, 2011. It is similar to the one my parents bought for me when I was a baby. (See photo)  My dad was a First Lt. in the US Army and the US was immersed in World War II.

While I was playing with my toy, babies like me were getting killed in Europe and elsewhere.

    

Of course I bought the stroller ! My kids think I was crazy to pay over $100 for it. I am so happy to have it, since it has a special meaning for me and takes me back in time. We are so privileged to have had the parents we had, especially those like my Dad, who served our country in the Armed Forces. They protected us and sacrificed to create a great life for me and others from my generation.
MJ

No comments:

Post a Comment